Sunday, April 10, 2016

Pretty, happy, funny, real - April 10, 2016




{pretty}


Some Easter peg doll angels that are intended from my Catechesis of the Good Shepherd class.
Before
After

 How I like a good bob!  Lulu once again looks like the cheeky French girl that she is.


{happy}

The girls have been enjoying duplos.  They all like them, even Maria, who feels a little overwhelmed by the smaller legos.

This week was  Maria's first science fair.  Donnie and Maria searched the house for objects and built a snap circuit to find out whether or not the objects would conduct electricity.  Throughout the process I found myself oscillating violently between exasperation (Why are six-year-olds doing the science fair?  Do I really have to go out and buy a poster board?) And satisfaction (Well, this is pretty much how six-year-old science should look.  We can probably reuse the posterboard next year.)  Now that it's done, I we're all glad that we took part.
QUESTION: What is the resistance of a grape?


{funny}

Pippa is at a great age.  She has taken to copying my yoga moves.  The cuteness of her low warrior pose is staggering.  She has also taken to stripping off her clothing and roaming the house under the cover of a canvas bin.  We call it "being a box turtle."

She also has the funny habit of telling us that we've forgotten something.  Only, when she says "forgot" it sounds more like "fog" or a certain four letter word that starts with "f."  She's usually quite worked up when she is telling us of our forgetfulness.

"F--- Weeza!  F--- Weeza!"  (We forgot Louisa!  We forgot Louisa!)

This shouldn't be so amusing, but it is!


{real}

Lately, for the first time in my adult life, I've been thinking that it would be nice to have a pet.  Donnie is not enthusiastic, and really, I'm not sure I'm ready for the commitment of a cat or dog (or even a rabbit or guinea pig).  Luckily, our house is not devoid of furry inhabitants.  We have plenty of mice, and I have the excitement of clearing the live traps! We may well reach a point of desperation and get some deadly traps, but for now we are having success with our Victor Tin Cat.  I walk the mice out to the bog that's down the road and across the street from us.  I have rubber gloves and a cardboard box all set up for mouse transport.

I was hoping to get a shot of one of our little invaders, but this one was an older mouse, and raced off as soon as I opened the trap.  So here's the sad, soiled, empty trap.

Head over to Like Mother, Like Daughter, for more {pretty, happy, funny, real}!


No comments:

Post a Comment